APPLYSend the below info, and if interested, the nonprofit will select a time for a phone interview. You'll get a confirmation with everything you need to know.
CONNECTYou'll have a 30 minute call to discuss the scope and deliverables of the project directly with Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa, and for them to confirm you're a good fit.
STARTOnce accepted, you'll be able to get right to work. We will check in with you periodically to make sure you have everything you need.
When facing a challenge, taking the time upfront to understand and articulate an organization’s current context prior to designing a solution for that challenge will result in time-saved down the road and more sustainable solutions for the organization. During this project, a marketing and communications expert will use an established framework and project guide to assess marketing and communications challenges within the context of an organization’s current state and propose a specific sustainable solution, as well as provide next steps to solution development and implementation.
What activities will be completed as part of the project:
1. Align an organization’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities
2. Help design marketing kit to help organization monetize social media and newsletter
3. Review current business systems and processes
4. Analyze and prioritize challenges and opportunities within marketing and communications
5. Gather and document requirements for the proposed solution (scope of work)
What activities won’t be completed as part of the project:
1. The volunteer consultant will not implement the solution proposed
2. Strategic business planning
Key questions the nonprofit will need to answer:
What is your ideal end state when it comes to marketing and communications?
What is stopping you from what you want to do today when it comes to marketing and communications?
What would you do with unlimited resources?
What is the level of organizational readiness to adopt new systems and processes (leadership support, resources including talent, budget)?
YALDA is looking for a Marketing Specialist based in the US who has an excellent command of written English to help us develop our social media and newsletter monetization marketing kit and others.
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded: "By Africans, For Africa!" YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by upper-level and graduate Harvard University students in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa.
Description of what the deliverable will include and look like (deliverable):
1. Discover deliverable: A brief that includes a summary of findings from the discovery process and a set of prioritized recommendations on how to move forward in addressing key challenges
2. Design deliverable: A document that describes in detail what solution or solutions the organization will need to implement in order to move toward its desired state. This should be focused on prioritized solutions and not include solutions to more than two identified challenges. The document should essentially be a Scope of Work that includes: a project description, an estimated time-frame for completing the project, the resources needed to complete the project successfully, including the type of talent or skills needed.
YALDA provides a forum for youth on the African continent and those abroad with a commitment to the welfare of Africa. By networking with professionals, mentors and each other, members will increase their capacity to take on positive leadership roles in their universities, countries and on the continent. Through YALDA, members will implement their short and long term visions for Africa.